Set up an Affiliate Account or Set up a Small Business account.
When adding a reseller, there is a lot of information which can be defined. Not all, or even most of this information is required, much of it is for billing and payment services. If you are actively using ISPConfig3 for reselling services it is a good idea to input as much of the data as possible, it will likely prove useful down the road.
- Logon to your ISPConfig3 interface.
- Select the Client tab.
- Select Add Reseller from the menu on the left.
- Enter the Contact Name, I generally enter the full name of the reseller, such as “Joe Smith”
- Although you can change the Customer No. field, I suggest you leave it as is if you followed the ISPConfig — Main Config — Prefix’s post.
- Enter the Username. This is the name reseller will use when logging into the ISPConfig3 interface.
- Enter the Password for the reseller. This is the password used in conjunction with the user name created above. (You can use the Generate Password button to create a new password if preferred.)
- Repeat the Password, if entered manually.
- Select the Email used to communicate with the reseller.
- Select the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Again, I suggest you enter as much non-required data as possible.