Set up an Affiliate Account or Set up a Small Business account.
Posted on November 21, 2017 byunder
I always like to qualify that I am sure there are better methods of doing this. If you have a betterway, leave a comment and let me know.
- Logon to your vmware server using either vcenter client.
- Select from the menu VM -> Guest -> Install/Upgrade VMware Tools.
- Use an SSH client or the VMWare console to connect to the system and logon.
- Mount the vmware tools cd.
- mount /dev/cdrom /mnt
- Create a temporary folder under /tmp and copy the vmware tools zip file to that folder. On my system this would be.
- mkdir /tmp/vmware
- cp /mnt/VMwareTools-*.tar.gz /tmp/vmware
- change to the temp location and unzip the package
- cd /tmp/vmware
- tar -zxf ./VMwareTools-*.tar.gz
- Change to the distribution folder.
- cd vmware-tools-distrib/
- Run the installer.